Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fairytale Tarot Review at Aeclectic Tarot


This blog has really enabled me to reconnect with some of my favorite articles that I have read over the years in the field of Tarot (as I put together materials to post and share).  I love the world of myth and fairytales, which has made the Fairytale Tarot from Magical Realist Press a favorite of mine.  In a snippet from a review by Bonnie Cehovet on Aeclectic Tarot  she states:

"In her introduction, Mahony talks about what fairy tales are to her (and to many of us): they are a way of seeing past the material/mundane part of life into the life's deeper layers, the more magickal realms. They reflect universal wisdom and archetypal patterns, crossing both cultural and time barriers. I agree with her comments that how a particular story/tale is interpreted will depend upon the reader, and the conditions existing at the time of the reading. My personal opinion here would be that at times fairy tales allow us to discuss parts of life that we would otherwise keep to ourselves. They allow us to acknowledge the Wicked Stepmother, or the Foolish Person, and to do so in a safe environment."

The below link provides the rest of the review highlighted above, along with reviews by two other authors.  Enjoy!  ~JYN

Fairytale Tarot Review at Aeclectic Tarot

No comments:

Post a Comment