Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Card Reading~ 2 of Wands Fairytale Tarot by Lisa Hunt


City Mouse, Country Mouse (Two of Wands) - by Lisa Hunt
A sketch of the 2 of Wands in the Fairytale Tarot by Lisa Hunt
I am always amazed at how synchronized the Tarot is! Since I recently started this Tarot blog, I thought it would be fitting if I posted daily readings.  So, for my first blog reading I used the Fairytale Tarot by Lisa Hunt to do a one card reading for the day.  I asked: What card should I post on my Tarot blog today?  The answer, the Two of Wands, the story attached with this card is the Romanian tale City Mouse, Country Mouse...in the deck the card is referenced as seeing past illusions, the symbols and meanings on this card state:

"The country mouse is resourceful.  She wears an apron, symbolic of hard work, and an orange shawl a color suggesting industry and fruitfulness.  Her basket is associated with offerings and hospitality.  Her appearance juxtaposes the gray-coat-waring city-slicker mouse.  He wears a top hat associated with lofty pretensions.  His black bag is suggestive of secrets and restraint.  The yellow daisy is an offering of friendship.  The oak tree is sturdy and strong, symbolic of a wee-grounded life.  The faces within the tree are aspects of the collective unconscious.  The three acorns represent fecundity.  The dead leaves carpet the ground with insulation.  The mushrooms suggest the fairy realm.  The crystal-topped wands provide clarity and truth."

For me I mainly took away the fact that the grass is not always greener on the other side (as indicated when this card is pulled).  It was a reminder for me to be present and happy, because things always have a way of working out!  Wands is the suit of fire/creativity.  2's are about partnerships, love, and joint ventures.  So, I guess personally it is about pursuing my creative passions, understanding where I am, knowing that things are working for my highest good, and will turn out for the best.  What were your thoughts when you saw this card?  How does it apply to your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment