Monday, July 9, 2012

Daily Card Reading~ 6 of Swords


Today for the daily card reading I drew the 6 of Swords. This card was drawn with the intention of sharing it on my Tarot blog, yet it resonates for me on a personal level. This card is a definite allusion to a journey, with rough waters on the corner and calmer waters ahead. Water represents the unconscious; swords the suit of air and intellect.

To me this card has a stillness that resonates from it. As if the journey is an introspective one. Even though there are three figures shown, they all seem reclusive and reflective as they journey forward. I pulled this card as a piggyback to my personal reading for the day, which had a theme of underlying sadness. Yet, the calmer waters ahead make sense (for me), because I am getting to a point where I am at peace with the things in my life that make me sad. I am in the process of releasing, knowing that I am on my path, with the lows as part of the journey. Life is about taking the lessons with you while moving forward.

In 78 Degrees of Wisdom, Rachel Pollak links this card to the journey down the river Styx, heading into the underworld. On the wheel of the year, the underworld is represented through the season of winter, a time for rest and hibernation, which gets back to the sense of stillness I feel when reflecting on the 6 of Swords...

Dream, Love, Believe... ~JYN

No comments:

Post a Comment